Project Proposal Construction of the Koloboo Kindergarten to be placed in Menagesha town Oromiya Regional State Special Zone, Walmera District
1. Vision FIDA wishes to see the living conditions of marginalised and destitute children, youth and women improved in a sustainable manner.
2. Mission To support destitute children, youth and women, to improve their livelihoods, and to enable them to be self-supporting and to have greater control over their lives, through the promotion of participatory and sustainable development programs.
- To provide child sponsorship for children of Kolfe-Keraniyo sub-city and Menegasha town who are either orphans or whose parents/guardians lack the means to send them to government-provided schools. This program comprises two components:
a) Sponsorship of children of pre-school age to attend FIDA-operated kindergartens b) Extended support for these children throughout their primary and secondary schooling
- To directly provide pre-schooling at FIDA-operated kindergarten schools and to support capacity development in neighboring primary and secondary schools.
- To support the social and economic empowerment of women through encouraging saving and improving their access to income generating opportunities in the communities in which FIDA operates
- To support older people in the communities in which FIDA operates to enable them to live with dignity and to contribute to the wellbeing of the local community
- To support the development of a culture of self-reliance and responsibility in the communities in which FIDA operates through the promotion of participatory community projects
- To support the development and transfer of best practice related to vulnerable children’s access to kindergarten, primary and secondary schooling, through working with the Ethiopian Federal